Kids Company - Print Happiness
The charity Kids Company has launched an experiential campaign to give toys to disadvantaged children in London for Christmas. Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has opened a pop-up shop in Soho with six Ultimaker 3D printers in the window. People can select a toy, text a donation to a number and then watch the toy being printed. On Christmas Day, the toys will be given to children at a Kids Company party. The activity is being promoted by outdoor and press ads that were also by AMV. The work was written by Dalatando Almeida and art directed by Michael Hughes.
The LAB produced the Outdoor panels by animating a beautifully illustrated Robot by Mario Kerkstra. You can see it here below.
We were then asked to document the opening of the event and the days leading up to Christmas. Our team went to the pop-up store to film and collate some great content on how the public interacted with the lovely campaign. The campaign was launched on behalf of AMV BBDO by the Kids Company founder + director Camila Batmanghelidjh.
The press release film can be seen here. Watch this space for the case study film coming soon.
- Content Creation: LAB
- Filmed by: Katya Chitova + Luiza Cruz-Flade
- Editors: Tom Sorbie + Katya Chitova
- Animator: Steve Wasas
- Designer / Illustrator: Mario Kerkstra
- Post-Producer: Beatrice Bowdon
- TV Producer: Rebecca Holt
- Innovation Team: Gregory Roekens + James Rowley
- Account Management: James Walker-Smith / Jane English / Rachel Watson / Francesca Warner
- Creatives: Dalatando Almeida + Michael Hughes
- Executive Creative Directors: Adrian Rossi + Alex Grieve