Kids Company - Make It Stop
“Child abuse and neglect is devastatingly isolating. Twitter is all about friendship and connectedness.”
Camila Batmanghelidjh | Founder of Kids Company
Kids Company, the children’s charity, has released a series of videos created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO for Twitter’s Vine service.
AMV BBDO created three, six-second Vine videos for the charity. The videos, which are on a loop, portray children in various states of neglect – for instance, eating out of a bin or drinking vodka – and are accompanied by a plea to donate money to the charity by text. Once a donation is made, a “thank you” film is unlocked showing a child in a safe environment.
AMV BBDO uploaded the ads directly onto Vine from a smartphone. The spots needed no post-production work and used no media spend. AMV BBDO does all its work for Kids Company pro bono. Antonia Clayton was the copywriter and Eliot Wykes was the art director on the campaign.
The LAB team got involved right from the start. The pace at which this project moved was exciting and a very different way of working. All “post-production” was done in camera. There was no time for editing, grading, sound or even graphics – it was done all there and then with a smartphone. Then approved and uploaded to Vine and no turning back!
Filmed and co-directed by Katya Chitova in the LAB.
- Directors: Katya Chitova / Alex Grieve / Eliot Wykes / Antonia Clayton
- Producers: Peter Shuttleworth / Zoe Cunningham & Luiza Cruz-Flade
- Camera Op: Katya Chitova
- Creative Directors: Alex Grieve & Adrian Rossi
- Creatives: Eliot Wykes & Antonia Clayton
- Production Support: Sam Johnson / Andrew Pegg / Robbie Kilgour
- Account Management: James Walker-Smith & Jane English
- Lighting: Dominic Bartels & Max Holland
- Home Economist: Tanya Sadourian
- Art Department: Chloe Rood & Hannah Rowan
- Make-up Artist: Bean Ellis
- Wardrobe: Cesca Dvorak & Janet Caddick
- Production Company: AMV BBDO & LAB