December 10, 2013
Hiring: Senior Post-Production Engineer
The LAB at AMV BBDO is looking for an experienced Senior Post-Production Engineer to join our thriving post-production facility. We want someone with previous post-facility experience, bags of enthusiasm and a passion for all things technical.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years experience.
For a full job spec please email: email@example.com
- Smooth running and front line support of all LAB systems.
- Ongoing maintenance of production workstations.
- Maintenance and development of XSAN environment.
- Manage backup schedule and daily tape rotations.
- 1st line support for teams using Final Cut Studio, Adobe CS applications, Nuke, various 3D applications.
- Manage software rollouts updates and upgrades: LAB wide.
- Manage software licensing and license servers.
- Identify and evaluate technical solutions and procedures to improve LAB workflows.
- Clearly communicate technology-related issues to LAB personnel.
- Define, communicate and enforce technical standards across the LAB and to freelancers.
- Understand the operation of technical equipment and the context of its use in post-production activities.
- Provide technical advice.
- Easily spot systems deficiencies and rectify within acceptable timeframes.
- Efficiently manage the recording, investigation and resolution of incidents and perform root cause analysis.
- Maintain the stability of all LAB systems to ensure high levels of user and client satisfaction.
- Oversee Systems Administrator daily archival activity.
- Scope future technical development (hardware, software and tech services based)
- Plan and submit annual LAB Capex Submission and provide accurate and thorough business case.
- Liaise and develop relationships with third party support partners and vendors.
- Create and maintain asset records, log and record work and update technical documentation.
- Work on additional AMV Group based IT projects as required.
- Deliver to agreed technical, financial and time parameters for any project work.
- Organise and lead Monthly Tech meetings with Head of Post-Production.